ADIT Permitted Exam Textbooks
When sitting the ADIT exams, candidates may bring into the exam room one bound edition of each of the listed publications which can be found here. Read this guidance carefully if you plan to use the permitted books in your exam. Purchase your books from us here. We deliver tax technical books across the GCC region in the Middle East (United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain) and North Africa region (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, Western Sahara).
All candidates must follow these rules when using permitted books in the exams.
- Underline words and sentences.
- Highlight words and sentences, or sideline pages (highlight edges of the pages when the book is closed).
- Tag pages with small index flags.
- Fold pages.
- Refer to your permitted books throughout the exam.
- Use earlier or more recent editions of books than those listed.
- Bring original copies of the books, bound by the publisher.
- Request permission to use self-printed copies of the books, by following this guidance.
You may not:
- Use any books that are not listed as permitted on this page (not all books in the reading list in the ADIT syllabus are permitted in the exams).
- Use study guides or any other texts that are not listed as permitted on this page.
- Annotate your books in any way (your name and candidate number are fine).
- Use note paper, post-it notes or any other handwritten notes.
- Use electronic copies of the books on devices such as laptop or desktop PCs, smartphones, tablets or e-readers. This includes the computer on which you will complete your exam via Exam4.
- Use self-printed copies of the books without written permission.
If you do not have access to an original, bound copy:
Self-printed copies of permitted books or texts require individual, written dispensation from the CIOT for each exam.
If you have genuine difficulty obtaining an original, bound book, email ADIT (email@example.com) as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours before your exam, for further advice and instructions.
In your email you should include your ADIT number, details on the book or text, and the exam in which you want to use it.
Requests made less than 48 hours before the start of your exam will not be accepted.
The CIOT has the absolute power to disqualify candidates who use books or text which are not permitted in the exam, or who use any material in breach of their rules.
This page lists only those books which candidates are permitted to use during the June 2021 and December 2021 exams.